Pages

t r a n s l a t e

Spareribs with a Coffee Marinade


Ingredients:

2 lbs. fresh spare ribs
3-4 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon – peppercorns
3-4 bay leaves

Sparerib Marinade:

½ cup chicken broth
½ cup black coffee
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 tablespoon cumin
1tablespoon cayenne
1 tablespoon paprika
3 tablespoons Apricot preserves
1 tsp garlic pepper
1 onion – sliced
4 cloves garlic – crushed & chopped

Simmer spareribs in a large pot with garlic, peppercorns and bay leaves. Let them simmer for about 5-10 minutes. Drain the spareribs, cool and separate into individual ribs with a cooking scissor.

Preheat Oven 350 degrees:

Prepare marinade and in a deep pan and cover the spareribs with the marinade. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and place a few slits on top. Place in the oven covered for about 1 hour.

Uncover the ribs and continue to bake at 300 degrees for another hour or so.

These ribs will be tender and tasty. They got a good review at my table.

Enjoy with Lots of Love,

Catherine


Spareribs on Foodista

Spareribs
StumbleUpon

21 comments:

  1. Oh yes Catherine great minds do think alike! I bought spare ribs today to prepare for dinner this week! Yours look very inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an interesting marinade,Catherine. The ribs speak it all :-)
    Hope everything is fine with you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just had this for dinner last night. It was my SIL who cooked this dish! Thanks for the recipe!
    xoxo
    MrsM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sound of this marinade!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I envy your family, they always get to enjoy great meals :D Hope I can taste your cooking one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ribs sound just delicious, Catherine. The marinade is wonderful. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. The marinade for this sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. no worries for not stopping by I completely understand its tough to keep up with everyone, great recipe love the coffee in here

    rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your marinade is absolutely fascinating. I can't believe all the flavors you have in it. These must have been wonderful. I am saving this recipe for my next sparerib night. I bet this would be good with a pork loin too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marinade always add to meat's flavor. Your ribs are ideal for a BBQ in a warm Fall day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your marinade sounds delicious and the ribs look fantastic! Have to try the recipe! We love ribs!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Catherine, what a lovely thing to do...I really, really appreciate that you took the time to sing for my b-day!!! You are so lovely and kind! Thank you so much!
    ...and now, can I have few of these ribs to go please??? Looks so delicious!!!!!!XO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my mom would love it if I made this for her!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ciao Catherine! nice to meet you!
    Thank you for your visit!
    you share really interesting recipes here.. I adore spareribes, love this marinade you made!
    Usually I put just garlic, ginger, leeks, honey and soy sauce.. but I'll take note for next time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow...coffee in marinade! I'm sure it's very delicious. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh.... my..... gosh. It looks divine!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Catherine,

    Amazing ribs..havent tried so far...

    lovely clicks...

    Dr.Sameena@

    www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com
    www.lovelypriyanka.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've seen recipes for ribs that include coffee and have always been intrigued with how the flavors taste. This final results look absolutely delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Living the Gourmet. Your comments are always appreciated.

Have a blessed day!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover