Pages

t r a n s l a t e

Healthy Fruit Cake

Enjoy a slice of this deliciously moist cake with bits of fresh fruit and a perfectly balanced sweet and crunchy topping!


Cake:

1 1/4 cup self-rising flour
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 eggs
3 tablespoons canola oil
2 tablespoons milk
1 apple, chopped
1/2 cup strawberries, sliced

Crumb Topping:

2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons oats
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon canola oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Grease 8-inch square baking dish.

In a large bowl, stir flour, sugar and cinnamon until well incorporated.

Add eggs, oil, milk, and fruit.  Fold until a  thick, dense batter comes together.

Pour into prepared baking fish and smooth out evenly with spatula.

In a small bowl, combine all ingredients needed for crumb topping.  Stir until it comes together and sprinkle generously over cake.

Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes or until cake teaster comes out clearn.

Let cool completely and enjoy for breakfast or dessert!


Toodles,
Tammy<3
---
Cook Eat Share
Foodista
Key Ingredient
Just A Pinch
Foodie

Linkups:
Melt in Your Mouth Mondays
Marvelous Mondays
Mix it Up Monday
Clever Chicks Blog Hop
Recipe Sharing Monday
Foodie Friends Friday
Friday Link Party
The Pin It Party
Eat. Create. Party!
All Things Pretty
The Yuck Stops Here
Best of the Weekend 
The Weekend Re-Treat
---











Shop my Avon e-boutique!!!

StumbleUpon

17 comments:

  1. I'm one of the few people that love fruitcake. My mother made the very best fruitcake. I wish I would have learned to do that too. This sounds very good too Tammy. I'll give this one a try.

    Have a terrific day you two. Big hugs. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammy, This isn't the fruitcake of Holiday legend, that's for sure. This one looks light, sweet and moist! I'd grab a couple of slices of this cake anytime! Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tammy , looks so good and it don't seem heavy like the Christmas fruitcake and easy , I will give it a try . Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is beautiful - sandie

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a fluffy and beautiful cake!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tammy, Looks really yummy. I would love a piece with a cup of tea. Perfect! it looks very moist and crunchy on top, just the way I love it. Great job, thanks for sharing your creations! Blessings on a great rest of the week! Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This cake looks great! I like the combination of apple and strawberries :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Apple and strawberries go so well together!! What a great combination. And that crumb topping?? To die for!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tammy your cake is so great i love the nuts oats and the strawberries in that seriously speaking :) shall give it a try :) scrumptious :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your fruit cake looks so moist and beautiful, Tammy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks good! I think I would really like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now this looks like a fruit cake I would actually eat! I can almost taste it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmmmm...that oatmeal topping looks wonderful atop such a moist, tender coffee cake. Well done, Tammy!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. G'day! looks very healthy indeed!
    Cheers! Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Catherine,
    My name is Teri and I write the blog, The Freshman Cook. I am also a co-host for the linky party, The Yuck Starts Here. Thank you for linking up last week. I love your Healthy Fruit Cake, and I can't wait to try it. I am trying to make a conscious effort to eat healthier and smarter, but it is difficult. I wanted to let you know that I selected your Healthy Fruit Cake as my favorite link up for the week. Your recipe will be featured on my blog when we go live tomorrow (Monday) evening at 6:00 pm EST. I hope you drop by, grab a button, and link up again!
    Thank you for linking at The Yuck Stops Here!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Living the Gourmet. Your comments are always appreciated.

Have a blessed day!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover