Pages

t r a n s l a t e

Pancakes with Strawberry Sauce


I am told:

I am told to listen carefully
For the birds as they sing to me
To be aware of all that is there
For spring in the air
Could this be, please tell me
For it is autumn!
I heard the whisper in my ear
Oh, sweet darling listen please
Listen for words not accustom to your ear
Look for the gentle smiles
Your heart has missed along these miles
Oh, tender words for I have never heard
The tender smiles have been for others along these miles
For this journey has left me cold and I am growing old
Will I recognize all that I am being told?
Or will I turn to walk away as just another day? 

written by:
Catherine Pappas
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Ingredients:

1 cup self-rising flour
2 eggs
1 tsp. sugar
½ cup milk
1 cup water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
Low-fat sour cream for the pancakes

Combine all of the above in a bowl and mix. 

Heat a large cast-iron griddle with a pat of butter.  Ladle the batter onto the griddle.
When little holes in the pancake form; flip and finish cooking.

For the Strawberry Sauce:

Ingredients:

4 cups fresh strawberries
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. cinnamon
1 ½ tsp. cornstarch
¼ cup water

Combine all of the above in a saucepan and simmer on low until thickened.

Serve with the pancakes.

Enjoy with Love,

Catherine
StumbleUpon

19 comments:

  1. ah Catherine! is lovely all you write:)
    and love these pancakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my my I would sing like a bird for these they look fabulous Dear Catherine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the poem Catherine. Very well done.

    I took the plate of pancakes. How did you know I love all things strawberry?

    Have a fabulous Sunday my friend. Big hugs. ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Touching poem Catherine. Thank you so much for sharing it on this "confused" Sunday:) I've been checking my strawberry plants each day in anticipation of Strawberry season. It will be here soon, dear Catherine, and when it is, is there a better way of celebrating than with your lovely pancakes and glistening strawberry sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely verse. I have always made my strawberry sauce only with sugar, but I love the idea of adding vanilla and cinnamon. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. More than yum :-P Beautiful Pooem shared I am sure it tasted like heaven.. Just scrumptious looks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy photos!

    http://beautyfollower.blogspot.gr

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful pancakes and really beautiful poem!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the poem my dear....What a delicious breakfast with pancakes ! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like the idea of using strawberry sauce instead of maple sirup! This must taste amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Catherine, A lovely meaningful poem. This recipe is so simple and so sweet, that I can't wait to try this for breakfast. I bet his would be great for a meatless meal at night as well. Your photo is incredible.and very inviting..thanks for sharing this one...Blessings for a great week ahead..Dottie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds lovely Tammy although I am more of a savoury pancake topper myself. Your batter recipe is very different from mine so I think I might try it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Catherine, I'd like these but the only time I get pancakes is if we go out for breakfast. My better half won't eat them...doesn't like them. But, she would slather a nice malted waffle with your strawberry sauce in a flash! Loves waffles... Take Care, Big Daddy Dave

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pancakes are such a treat! I love this bright and fresh strawberry sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Catherine - your pancakes and strawberries are good and not only in taste, but in beauty.
    I would love you to share your meaning of your poem with me sometime.
    sandie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simple pancakes with a lovely strawberry sauce.. Wonderful thing for breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awesome pancakes...and that strawberry sauce looks absolutely divine!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Saturday is pancake day in our house - these may need to be made. Thanks so much for linking this up to The Friday Frenzy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by Living the Gourmet. Your comments are always appreciated.

Have a blessed day!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Pin It button on image hover